COVID-19 Update - Important Information
About the Role
PROGRAM: Prevention- Growing Together
POSITION DETAILS: Full-time, 1.0 FTE, Regular, Jarvis Site
SickKids Centre for Community Mental Health is a child and youth mental health centre integrated with The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids). We are located in the northwest area in the City of Toronto, on Sheppard Ave. West and downtown on Jarvis St. We offer a range of in-person and virtual mental health services for children and youth (infancy to 18) and their families, from prevention and early intervention through assessment, counselling and therapy and intensive services. We are also connected to the continuum of mental health services for children and youth supported by SickKids: the Brain and Mental Health Program, the SickKids TeleLink Mental Health Program, the SickKids CCMH Learning Institute and our online resources through AboutKidsHealth. Find out more about SickKids CCMH.
We are seeking applicants for a full-time regular Parent Child Educator position. The successful candidate will be working primarily with our families in our Growing Together program providing Parent Education Groups and one to one support in person and virtually. This position is located at our Jarvis site and in the surrounding community neighbourhoods (St Jamestown).
- Delivers primary prevention and early intervention services for children and families within our Centre and the surrounding community
- Identifies needs and determines service plans for children from birth to 6 years of age, and their families
- Provides training, orientation and supervision to students and volunteers in the delivery of the range of prevention services
- Liaises, consults and makes referrals with community professionals to coordinate and plan appropriate service delivery
- Demonstrated multicultural experience and is sensitive to socio-cultural values and differences
- Coordinates and implements new services, or modifies existing services, to meet the needs of families new to Canada
- Complies with the organization’s vision, policies and procedures
- Performs other tasks as assigned by management
- College diploma or equivalent, in Early Childhood Education (RECE), where the incumbent gains formal training in child growth development, and behaviour, as well as training in adult education and group facilitation, life skills training, multiculturalism, and supervision
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience working with children birth to 6 years of age and families, with an emphasis on parent education, training and group dynamics
- Trained in parenting programs such as Nobody`s Perfect and Handle with Care
- Experience working with special needs children and their families
- Experience using developmental tools such as the ASQ
- Skills in program planning and experience in building collaborative partnerships in a diverse multicultural community
- Proven organizational skills and excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Demonstrated multicultural socio-economic sensitivity
- A car is an asset
As a health care centre, our highest priority is the safety of patients, families and staff. As a result, we are adopting all prevention measures to ensure the safety of our clients, families and our staff. Therefore, any offer of employment is conditional upon proof of full vaccination with a Health Canada or World Health Organization (WHO) approved COVID-19 vaccination no later than fourteen (14) calendar days prior to the effective start date. Should there be an exemption of vaccination based on a medical, or human rights reason, proof will need to be provided, in addition to participation in regular COVID-19 testing based on exposure risk as well as participation in vaccine education. All offers of employment are conditional on meeting these minimum requirements, failure to comply will lead to offer of employment being immediately rescinded.
Interested applicants are asked to forward their cover letter and resume by October 24, 2021 to:
Human Resources – SickKids CCMH
Fax: (416) 633-7141
Note: Please quote position title and competition number in the subject heading of email
We are seeking applicants internally and externally.
SickKids CCMH is an equal opportunity employer; we are committed to diversity and value inclusion. We welcome applications from Indigenous people, people with disabilities, members of racialized groups, and persons of all genders and sexual orientations.
The Centre views diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence as essential pieces of an integrated whole that sustain our organization and guides our interaction within our diverse communities. Reasonable accommodations are available during the recruitment process to job applicants with disabilities.
21-014 – Parent Child Educator