COVID-19 Update - Important Information
About the Role
PROGRAM: Individual and Family Services
POSITION DETAILS: Independent Contractor, weekly hours; negotiable, flexibility to work at both sites
- Resource planning, recruitment and academic support of psychiatrists, management of annual contracts and overall co-ordination of resources that ensure psychiatric capacity is matched to Centre requirements.
- Ensures the medical resident program is maintained within appropriate standards.
- Collaborates with the Director of Specialized Services and Inter-professional Practice in the development of the Centre’s academic role.
- Collaborates with the Senior Director to support operational planning and oversite of day-to-day clinical activity.
- Provides senior clinical content expertise to support clinical processes and risk management.
- Organizes activities and functions of CCMH medical team; ensures effective mechanisms of communication to support the team’s operations and engagement.
- Develops and implements medical policies and procedures and ensures organizational compliance with licensure and regulatory requirements in relation to medical care
- Participates in ongoing formulation of mission and vision, strategic plan objectives and goals
- Responds to matters related to the College of Physicians Surgeons of Ontario as required
- Responds to or facilitates response to complaints with respect to medical care
- Complies with the organization’s vision, policies and procedures
- This position will be combined with other clinical duties across the Centre
- Flexibility to work from different sites
- Appropriate sub-specialty qualification in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Licensed for medical practice in the province of Ontario
- Member in good standing with Ontario College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Years of experience; ten
- Previous experience in leadership roles that reflect academic, administrative and people leadership considered an asset.
As a health care centre, our highest priority is the safety of patients, families and staff. As a result, we are adopting all prevention measures to ensure the safety of our clients, families and our staff. Therefore, any offer of employment is conditional upon proof of full vaccination with a Health Canada or World Health Organization (WHO) approved COVID-19 vaccination no later than fourteen (14) calendar days prior to the effective start date. Should there be an exemption of vaccination based on a medical, or human rights reason, proof will need to be provided, in addition to participation in regular COVID-19 testing based on exposure risk as well as participation in vaccine education. All offers of employment are conditional on meeting these minimum requirements, failure to comply will lead to offer of employment being immediately rescinded
Interested applicants are asked to forward their cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources – SickKids CCMH
Fax: (416) 633-7141
In the subject line of email, please quote the: competition number, position title and where you learned about this opportunity
We are seeking applicants internally and externally.
SickKids CCMH is an equal opportunity employer; we are committed to diversity and value inclusion. We welcome applications from Indigenous people, people with disabilities, members of racialized groups, and persons of all genders and sexual orientations.
The Centre views diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence as essential pieces of an integrated whole that sustain our organization and guides our interaction within our diverse communities. Reasonable accommodations are available during the recruitment process to job applicants with disabilities.