COVID-19 Update - Important Information
POSITION DETAILS: Regular, 1.0 FTE
LOCATION: Shepard Site – Day School
PROGRAM: Intensive Services for Children
The Garry Hurvitz Centre for Community Mental Health at SickKids (CCMH at SickKids) is a child and youth mental health centre integrated with The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids). CCMH at SickKids is undertaking an ambitious agenda to establish a revitalized academic community mental health centre that provides the highest quality of care, combined with excellence in teaching and community-based research. CCMH at SickKids is located across two sites in Toronto and offers both in-person and virtual care to clients and their families, from prevention and early intervention through assessment, counselling and therapy and intensive services. We are also connected to the continuum of mental health services for children and youth supported by SickKids: the Brain and Mental Health Program, the SickKids TeleLink Mental Health Program, the SickKids CCMH Learning Institute and our online resources through AboutKidsHealth. Find out more about CCMH at SickKids.
We are seeking applicants for an Administrative Assistant role to provide support to the Intensive Service for Children Program.
Administrative Support Services
- Provides customer service to clients by answering the telephone, greeting clients/visitors, booking appointments, directing inquiries and adhering to security practices
- Provides administrative support services by scheduling/organizing meetings, preparing agendas, booking meeting rooms, arranging hospitality services, preparing correspondence/emails, and taking minutes at meetings
- Provides data entry as required related to client information and clinician scheduling
- Maintains electronic client records entering data into the Client Information System ensuring confidentiality and compliance with information protection policies and procedures
- Prepares, delivers and receives courier packages/documents
- Maintains supplies and resource inventories for the assigned department ordering items in accordance with policies, procedures and budgets
- Performs administrative tasks and activities within the assigned department
- Organize transportation service for client in collaboration with Toronto District School Board
- External communication with stakeholders (TDSB transportation services, TDSB)
- Reception coverage as needed or assigned
- Maintains up to date knowledge of best practices related to administrative and technological developments
- Makes decisions within instruction and/or guidelines and refers questions to manager
- Complies with the organization’s vision, policies and procedures
- Performs other tasks as assigned by management
- Post-secondary Diploma in Office Administration and a minimum of three years’ related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- First Aid and CPR certification is required
- Good verbal and written communication skills to effectively liaise with all levels of staff including clients and families to provide information and/or obtain services
- Ability to respond and appropriately to urgent and emergency situations based on organization policy and procedure
- Good problem-solving skills to organize a variety of administrative tasks and activities meeting staff and clients’ needs
- Good knowledge of MS Office Suites (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), as well as ability to use office equipment efficiently (telephone, scanner, photocopier and fax)
- Ability to incorporate values of a culturally competent practice of diversity and inclusiveness in all aspects of work
As a health care centre, our highest priority is the safety of patients, families and staff. As a result, we are adopting all prevention measures to ensure the safety of our clients, families and our staff. Therefore, any offer of employment is conditional upon proof of full vaccination with a Health Canada or World Health Organization (WHO) approved COVID-19 vaccination no later than fourteen (14) calendar days prior to the effective start date. Should there be an exemption of vaccination based on a medical, or human rights reason, proof will need to be provided, in addition to participation in regular COVID-19 testing based on exposure risk as well as participation in vaccine education. All offers of employment are conditional on meeting these minimum requirements, failure to comply will lead to offer of employment being immediately rescinded.
Interested applicants are asked to forward their résumés by September 27, 2022 to:
Human Resources – SickKids CCMH
FAX: (416) -633-7141 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Please quote position title & competition number in the subject heading of email.
We are seeking applicants internally and externally.
SickKids CCMH is an equal opportunity employer; we are committed to diversity and value inclusion. We welcome applications from Indigenous people, people with disabilities, members of racialized groups, and persons of all gender and sexual orientations who may contribute to diversity within the Centre.
The Centre views diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence as essential pieces of an integrated whole that sustain our organization and guides our interaction within our diverse communities.
Reasonable accommodations are available during the recruitment process to job applicants with disabilities.
22-037 Administrative Assistant