COVID-19 Update - Important Information
Becoming an adult attachment-focused therapist
The theory of attachment clearly describes attachment as a lifelong phenomenon. For adults, early attachment experiences continue to impact adult relationships and self-perception. Yet most therapy for adults has not incorporated an understanding of attachment nor based therapeutic interventions on attachment principles.
This training will present a model of therapy that will shift your theoretical framework to that of attachment-focused therapy. As the therapist, you will develop awareness of your own attachment style and its importance in the reparative process of therapy.
The learning objectives of this introductory training are:
- Recognize adult attachment categories
- Assess adult attachment using patterns of behaviour and a modified form of the adult attachment interview
- Use attachment as a paradigm for understanding mental health diagnoses
- Recognize the adult brain and attachment
- Use the model of attachment-focused therapy for adults
- Make attachment the paradigm for therapeutic change
Registration includes a copy of Annette Kussin’s book: It’s Attachment: A New Way of Understanding Yourself and Your Relationships.