COVID-19 Update - Important Information
Cultivating your credibility and influence as a supervisor
One of the key challenges in any supervisory role is to engage people in such a way that staff choose to trust and respect you. This webinar focuses on what you can do as a supervisor to create the conditions for a beneficial and positive working relationship with others.
- Identify the key practices and skills to effectively building trust and influence
- Lead meetings and projects in such a way that there is real engagement and commitment to outcomes
- Get clear about how values and needs are addressed in decisions
- Understand how to communicate all decisions effectively (including the ones you didn’t make, but are yours to implement)
- Recognize the necessity and the how-to of apologies for repairing relationships (and how doing so demonstrates your commitment to being accountable, and having integrity)
This webinar is part of the Certificate for new supervisors: Develop and enhance your supervisory skills in health and human services. Participants may register for any of the certificate program’s individual webinars as a stand-alone training.