COVID-19 Update - Important Information
Holding difficult conversations for supervisors
Being able to address issues with individuals is a key supervisory skill. This webinar walks through a complete “how-to” for preparing and conducting any difficult conversation. Participants will gain a tool kit of questions and guidance addressing aspects for framing the issue along with setting boundaries and accountability in these conversations.
- Create clear expectations for the conduct of conversations of this kind
- Cultivate a practice that will build a bridge to understanding another person
- Recognize the different stress responses during difficult conversations, and strategies to address them
- Identify the clear and compelling reasons the conversation is required
- Practice how to open this type of conversation
- Identify the questions and the feedback that will improve understanding and options to resolve issues
This webinar is part of the Certificate for new supervisors: Develop and enhance your supervisory skills in health and human services. Participants may register for any of the certificate program’s individual webinars as a stand-alone training.