COVID-19 Update - Important Information
Secure parent, secure child: How a parent’s adult attachment influences the attachment of the child
This training will focus on how to assess for adult attachment, how to help a parent understand their adult attachment category and how their attachment affects their parenting, examining positive and adverse qualities. Parenting interventions will be offered to help parents use secure parenting interventions and ensure a more in-depth and lasting model of healthy parenting.
This training will help participants learn the adult attachment categories, based on the research of Dr. Mary Main, and how each category affects parenting. Participants will learn how to determine a parent’s adult attachment and how to reflect this to the parents with whom they are working, non-judgementally. Participants will learn how to help parents understand how their adult attachment affects their parenting, what specific changes they need to make based on their attachment category and how to parent from a secure adult attachment base. Using this model, even parents with an insecure adult attachment will not transmit their insecure adult attachments to their children.
- Categories of adult attachment based on the research of Dr. Mary Main
- How each category affects parenting
- Determining categories of attachment through patterns of behaviour
- How to help parents understand their attachment category and specific interventions for change
- How to help parents develop parenting skills from a decure attachment base
Registration includes a copy of Annette Kussin’s books:
Secure Parent, Secure Child (Launching Spring 2023)