COVID-19 Update - Important Information
The personal is political: A workshop on trauma, oppression, resistance and healing
This interactive workshop views trauma, vicarious trauma, and trauma-informed practice through a social justice lens. We’ll explore how our own lived experiences impact our work and how structural oppression intersects with trauma-informed practice. We’ll introduce trauma-informed approaches and tools to use in our work (whether for ourselves, our clients, or our communities). We will deeply consider the connections between social justice, oppression, and trauma.
- Insight into ways to politicize and de-pathologize trauma
- Gain a deeper understanding of how trauma impacts the body (brain, body, nervous system)
- Develop insight into connections between oppression and trauma
- Gain confidence in applying trauma-informed tools and strategies
- Be able to reflect and gain insight into one’s own individual trauma experiences