COVID-19 Update - Important Information
When the personal is professional: Understanding and addressing vicarious trauma
Finding it harder to practice self-care after years in the field? Not feeling “yourself” at work or at home? You may be affected by vicarious trauma or compassion fatigue, which are common experiences among clinicians, medical professionals, direct service workers, direct responders, educators, and advocates.
This 3-hour webinar will take an in-depth look at compassion fatigue, vicarious trauma, burnout, and resourcing. Practical information is further developed through individual and group activities. This training invites participants to actively develop knowledge together, through self-reflection and participatory processes.
- Understand the differences and relationship between compassion fatigue, vicarious trauma, and burnout
- Recognize possible signs and contributing factors through an intersectional lens
- Explore challenges to self-care
- Acquire resiliency-based strategies to address compassion fatigue, vicarious trauma, and burnout
- Learn about debriefing techniques that minimize impact on the listener