If you need emergency help, please call 911, go to your local emergency department, or call a local distress centre or crisis service.
On Monday, Dec. 21, Premier Ford announced that all of southern Ontario would be under a 28-day lockdown starting at 12:01 a.m. on Dec. 26 due to increasing community transmission risk and reduced hospital capacities.
As SickKids CCMH is an essential service, we are able to continue providing in-person services as needed to our clients (see our safety guidelines). Our virtual care options also continue.
The following services areas will be impacted due to these new restrictions.
- Day treatment in Intensive Services for Children (ISFC) and Intensive Services for Youth (ISFY) programs will resume virtually only on Jan. 4, 2021
- Day treatment in ISFC will resume in-person on Jan. 11
- Day treatment in ISFY will resume in-person on Jan. 25
- In-home services are being provided virtually and through onsite in-person visits only
- In-person community visits are continuing where appropriate but must take place in manager-approved settings where full screening and full Infection Prevention and Control measures are in place
- In-person onsite, virtual, and phone sessions are still available
- EarlyON gatherings will continue to be 100% virtual
For more information on COVID-19 restrictions and guidelines, please refer to the COVID-19 City of Toronto site. If you have any questions about your care, please ask your clinician.
SickKids CCMH is part of the SickKids mental health continuum of services including hospital services and the TeleLink Mental Health Program which offers both urban and rural telepsychiatry virtual services – these services are open as well.
To arrange a referral to hospital outpatient services, call the Mental Health Access Program at 416-813-7005.
For inquiries concerning services in the TeleLink Mental Health Program, call 1-877-507-7301.
For information regarding all Toronto child mental health services, visit mentalhealthTO.ca.