COVID-19 Update - Important Information
Bring your team together – virtually or in person, with customized training
Does your organization have a group of 10 or more employees with similar learning goals? For more than 20 years, SickKids Centre for Community Mental Health Learning Institute has been developing custom-designed education and training programs to help organizations meet specific learning objectives, improve client outcomes and build capacity.
We work with community agencies, government bodies, school boards, and other social service organizations to design and execute custom programs that can be delivered through live virtual sessions or safely distanced in-person experiences.
“The SickKids CCMH LI team (Erin and Ruth) provided CBT Level 1 training to our team of Child and Youth Counsellors. We anticipated that the organization of the training would be impeded by the restrictions imposed at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, but the team made the organization and delivery of online training seamless. The training was well-received by all of our counsellors, who have various levels of experience in this field.”– Gaynor Edwards, Georgian Bay Family Health Team
Key areas of training
We offer training for professionals who work with clients of every age, across the lifespan.
Programming can focus on: a specific modality; leadership challenges; practitioner well-being; inclusivity and health equity; or addressing the emerging needs of mental health clients.
You can also choose from our mental health training and education opportunities listed in our course calendar line-up.
- Delivered at a time and location (in-person or online) that works best for your team
- Facilitated by experts who are highly regarded professionals in the field
- Tailored to align with your requirements and the training needs of your team
- More affordable than sending multiple staff for individual training
- Includes online platform (if applicable), registration and conference support, program materials, daily feedback surveys and certificates of participation recognized by the Canadian Psychological Association (CPA) for CEU hours
- Most organizations can receive significant program funding support through the Canada-Ontario Job Grant (see below)
- Discounts to any of our courses for six months following the delivery of a customized training
Canada-Ontario Job Grant
Are you an organization seeking financial support? We can help you apply for access to the Canada-Ontario Job Grant funding for your customized training. This program provides direct financial support to employers who wish to purchase training for their employees.