Skip to content

If this is an emergency, dial 911 or go to your nearest hospital emergency room. Click here for directions to the SickKids Emergency Department if this is the closest location for you.


If you need urgent help but don’t need to go to a hospital emergency room, click here for Crisis Centres.

Google Translate Limitations Disclaimer

Our website uses a third-party electronic translation service hosted by Google Translate. We do not guarantee the accuracy of any translated information, but we offer this service to make information on our website more accessible to the communities we serve.

Please note that our Centre functions in English. Unless otherwise indicated, our programs, services and SickKids CCMH Learning Institute courses are offered in English.

Educational Placements

Child & Youth Care (CYC) Practitioner

Educational Placements


Am I eligible? 

Students must be in their third year of college/university in a Child and Youth Care Practitioner Program and open to working flexible hours as placement hours will vary to meet the needs of the program and clients. 

What would I do? 

Students will work in Intensive Services for Children and Intensive Services for Youth.  They will work with an interprofessional team to help support clients and families within their scope of practice through a relational perspective in their life space.  
Students will learn and participate in the various aspects of the treatment programs especially through therapeutic groups. Students will have a designated CYC supervisor. 

How do I apply? 

Practicum placements are arranged through your college or university’s program coordinator. Please contact them directly, if you are interested in this placement.