As of Saturday, April 3, the province imposed an “emergency brake” due to increasing numbers of COVID-19. It will be in place for at least four weeks.
This classification does not affect the current level of service at SickKids CCMH, as we are an essential service provider. We continue to provide in-person service where necessary, such as in our day treatment program under Intensive Services for Children and Intensive Services for Youth. Safety guidelines are in place to protect our clients, families and staff who are onsite.
We ensure that all our clients have access to uninterrupted virtual services, as we have throughout the pandemic.
Due to the high number of community cases and the number of confirmed cases of variants of concern, our services are offered in a way to reduce community exposure to COVID-19 for our clients, families and staff.
- Our Individual and Family Services are provided virtually with the option to receive in-person service onsite when necessary
- In-home service visits are available in-person onsite at the Centre, by phone, or by videoconference
- In-person community visits must take place at one of our safe partner locations in the community where full screening and full infection prevention and control measures are in place; in-person visits onsite at the Centre, or by phone or videoconference, are also available
- Live-in services at the Centre are currently suspended
- EarlyON program gatherings and Families First workshops 100 per cent virtual at this time
We are monitoring case levels and local risks and are reviewing our service levels on an ongoing basis. We will share any changes to our service – watch this space for updates.
For more information on COVID-19 restrictions and guidelines, please refer to the COVID-19 City of Toronto site.
If you have any questions about your care, please ask your clinician.
New client? Phone us if you need services – we are here to help. Call our intake at 416-924-1164 ext. 8708; we will return your call the same day or the next business day.
SickKids CCMH is part of the SickKids mental health continuum of services including hospital services and the TeleLink Mental Health Program which offers both urban and rural telepsychiatry virtual services – these services are open as well.
To arrange a referral to hospital outpatient services, call the Mental Health Access Program at 416-813-7005.
For inquiries concerning services in the TeleLink Mental Health Program, call 1-877-507-7301.
For information regarding all Toronto child mental health services, visit mentalhealthTO.ca.