If you need emergency help, please call 911, go to your local emergency department, or call a local distress centre or crisis service.
Please note that in addition to the three stat holidays between Christmas and New Year’s Day, regular services at SickKids Centre for Community Mental Health are on pause on Dec. 29, 30, and 31. During this period, clients experiencing stress are reminded to refer to the cope ahead and safety plans that they have developed with their therapists.
The following crisis services are available during the holiday period:
- Distress Centres of Greater Toronto: 416 408-4357 or 408-HELP
- Gerstein Crisis Centre: 416 929-5200
- Spectra Helpline: 416 920-0497 or 905 459-7777 for Brampton and Mississauga residents TTY: 905 278-4890; Languages: English, Punjabi, Hindi, Urdu, Spanish, Portuguese
- Assaulted Women’s Helpline: 416 863-0511; Toll-free: 1 866 863-0511
- Kids Help Phone: 1 800 668-6868; Languages: English and French
- Community Crisis Program, Scarborough Health Network: 416 495-2891 for 24/7 telephone crisis support. Service borders: south to the lake, north to Steeles Avenue, east to Port Union Road, and west to Victoria Park
- Anishnawbe Health Toronto 24/7 (Indigenous clients) – Mental Health Crisis Management Service: 1 855 242-3310
- Youthdale’s Crisis Support Team: 416-363-9990
Pre-scheduled in-person and virtual services will resume on January 4, 2021. Please refer to Provincial announcement affects day treatment programs at SickKids CCMH for information on our services and ongoing provincial COVID-19 restrictions.
SickKids CCMH is part of the SickKids mental health continuum of services including hospital services and the TeleLink Mental Health Program which offers both urban and rural telepsychiatry virtual services – these services are open as well.
To arrange a referral to hospital outpatient services, call the Mental Health Access Program at 416-813-7005.
For inquiries concerning services in the TeleLink Mental Health Program, call 1-877-507-7301.
For information regarding all Toronto child mental health services, visit mentalhealthTO.ca.