On Wednesday, April 7, Premier Ford announced that Ontario will be in a 28-day state of emergency/stay-at-home order starting at 12:01 a.m. on April 8 due to increasing variant cases of COVID-19.
As SickKids CCMH is an essential service, we continue to provide in-person service where necessary or requested (see our safety guidelines) and are ensuring all our clients have access to uninterrupted virtual services.
Here is a summary of our current levels of service:
- In-person community visits will take place as appropriate but must take place in manager-approved settings where full screening and full Infection Prevention and Control measures are in place
- In-home services are provided virtually and through onsite in-person visits only
- Individual and Family Services are provided virtually with the option to receive in-person service when necessary or requested
- Day treatment classrooms will continue as virtual until April 18 as announced on April 6
- EarlyON and other Prevention programs will remain virtual
We are reviewing the situation daily and will provide updates of any changes – please watch this space.
For more information on COVID-19 restrictions and guidelines, please refer to the COVID-19 City of Toronto site. If you have any questions about your care, please ask your clinician.
New client? Phone us if you need services – we are here to help. Call our intake at 416-924-1164 ext. 8708; we will return your call the same day or the next business day.
SickKids CCMH is part of the SickKids mental health continuum of services including hospital services and the TeleLink Mental Health Program which offers both urban and rural telepsychiatry virtual services – these services are open as well.
To arrange a referral to hospital outpatient services, call the Mental Health Access Program at 416-813-7005.
For inquiries concerning services in the TeleLink Mental Health Program, call 1-877-507-7301.
For information regarding all Toronto child mental health services, visit mentalhealthTO.ca.