COVID-19 Update - Important Information
Ages: For 12 months to 4 years
Date: November 9, 16, 23, 30 and December 7
When: 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Location: 540 Finch Ave West – Bathurst Finch Unison Hub
What: This is a parent and child play group that responds to families’ practical parenting and child development needs. Parents and caregivers are able to speak with a parent child educator and participate in weekly discussions on various child development topics. Children will be engaged in calm activities that promote self-regulation, support language and social emotional development.
Parents and caregivers can:
- Learn the stages of language development
- Learn the 4 types of children’s conversational styles
- Learn practical and interactive strategies to help your child(ren) interact and communicate during everyday interactions
- Understand the important role caregivers play in facilitating language development
- Learn how to be a responsive conversation partner using the 6-step method
- Children will have activities to play with while our staff provide supervision